Pennsylvania Civil Engineer
The State of Pennsylvania requires 24 hours of Continuing Education each year prior to the license renewal period.
-Renewal for Engineers is September 30th biennially.
Our online classes are applicable to Pennsylvania engineer continuing education for any engineering disipline.
Continuing Education Classes & Credits for
"Create Your Own" 24 Hour Continuing Education Package $249
This package is designed to fulfill the continuing education requirements of Pennsylvania Professional Engineers and includes:
(24) hours of General CE Credits
(After enrollment you may choose any (24) of the following classes.)
|Hours Required:||30 Hours annually
|Renewal Deadline:||September 30th odd years for all engineers|
|Course Approval:||The Board does not pre-approve providers or specific courses. Each engineer must determine whether an activity meets the Board's requirements.
|Course Content:||Continuing professional competency obtained by a licensee should maintain, improve or expand skills and knowledge obtained prior to initial licensure, including law and ethics applicable to the profession, or develop new and relevant skills and knowledge. No credit shall be given for a course in practice building or office management.|
PA - State Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists Board
One Penn Center 2601 North 3RD Street
Harrisburg, PA 17120
|Valid Course Work:||PDH units may be earned as follows:
(1) Successful completion of college courses relevant to professional practice.
(2) Completion of continuing education courses relevant to professional practice.
(3) Completion of correspondence, televised, videotaped and other short courses or tutorials relevant to professional practice.
(4) Completion of seminars, employer-sponsored courses, workshops or professional or technical presentations made at meetings, conventions or conferences relevant to professional practice.
(5) Teaching, presenting or instructing in any of the activities listed in clauses (1), (2), (3) and (4).
(6) Authoring published papers, articles or books relevant to professional practice.
(7) Obtaining patents relevant to professional practice.
|Converting Education to PDH:||Units of other types of credit shall be converted to PDH units as follows:
(i) One college or unit semester hour shall equal forty-five PDH units.
(ii) One college or unit quarter hours shall equal thirty PDH units.
(iii) One continuing education unit shall equal ten PDH units.
(iv) One hour of professional development in course work, seminars or professional, technical presentations made at meetings, employer-sponsored courses, conventions or conferences shall equal one PDH unit.
(v) Each published paper, article or book shall equal ten PDH units.
(vi) Each patent obtained shall equal ten PDH units.
Teaching any of the above activities shall equal double the amount of PDH units provided for in those subclauses. Teaching credit shall be awarded for teaching a course or seminar but shall not be awarded to full-time faculty members in the performance of their duties at their employing institutions.
|Recordkeeping:||The licensee shall be responsible for maintaining records to be used to support credits claimed. Required records shall include all of the following:
(1) A log showing the type of activity claimed, sponsoring organization, location, duration, instructor's or speaker's name and PDH credits earned.
(2) Attendance verification records in the form of completion certificates or other documents supporting evidence of attendance.